10 Different Ways to Revamp Boxed Brownies

Okay, who doesn't love good boxed brownies!? I recently just made some boxed brownies because we needed to make something for a 4th of July party. Before I was making them I thought that something just really needed to be done to them, and that is what made me think of this blog. I thought of a couple different ways that you can made your brownies a little more exciting so that it seems like you put more effort into them, and they are even more delicious! Here we go!

1. Duh, add some chocolate chips! Add about a cup of semi-sweet, peanut butter, milk, or mint chocolate chips to your brownie batter. This will vamp up your brownies and make them even more delicious!

2. Top them off with chocolate chips. Instead of putting the chips inside your batter, add them on top when the brownies are done. This will allow you to add just a little surprise to the brownies.

3. Top them off with frosting. This is kind of a no brainer, but it really makes your brownies extra yummy. You can make your own or just buy the regular buttercream in a container from the store. 

4. NUTS. This one isn't my favorite because I don't like nuts, but if you enjoy them put them in your batter and cook them with the brownies!

5. Marshmallows. Add some of the small marshmallows to the brownies batter. This one is soooo good. This is what I ended up doing for our party and they were delicious. If you want a little extra, you can even put them on top after the brownies are done baking so that they melt and it is ooey gooey!

6. OREOS. Well or cookie pieces. This one is sooo good. I have only ever used oreos because they are really good inside the batter. You can either put them inside or on top. 

7. Caramel. Does anyone else love a good caramel macchiato? This is my favorite coffee beverage and caramel is my absolute favorite. If you are the same or just love caramel in general try adding caramel to the batter or on top. It is extremely good and it bakes really well. 

8. Cream Cheese. Add a package of melted cream cheese to the brownie mix. It is best if you mix the cream cheese with sugar, an egg, and a tsp of vanilla. Add it to the brownie mix and be amazed!

9. Candy. Try adding one of your favorite candy to the brownies. Reese's, Milky Way, M&Ms, or Twix are the best. Crumble them up and add to the batter and bake with them. You can also add them to the top as a garnish.

10. Peppermint. This one isn't my favorite as I don't really like peppermints, but I heard a lot of people liking them in their brownies. This would be great during Christmas time. Crumble up a candy cane and add to the batter to bake with them. Add as a garnish too. 

Hopefully, you try some of these different ways and revamp your plain old boxed brownies! Let me know if you have any other suggestions or which one was your favorite in the comments below! 

Last post: https://emilynslifeandcupcakes.blogspot.com/2017/06/latest-posts.html

Check out my merch: http://www.cafepress.com/emilynscupcakes 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frosting Cupcakes Tips

Reviewing Tequila Sunrise Cupcakes