5 Things People Don't Know about Bakers

Stereotypes. Many things that surround our world today. I feel like people these days give everyone and everything a stereotype. There are many, many things that people stereotype bakers on, but there are also many, many things that people don't know about bakers.

1. We are not OCD. Yes, you read that right. Bakers have a stereotype that everything has to go completely right and that you have to measure everything to the exact teaspoon. NO. Bakers are very, very easy going with measuring specifically. For example, if a recipe asks for 1 teaspoon of something, almost every baker just guesstimates how much one teaspoon is.

2. But, we are OCD at the same time. Yeah, I know, I am contradicting myself. We are OCD with stuff that we aren't with other stuff. Like if someone uses our Kitchen Aid mixer wrong, man oh man, you are going to get the evil eye. Or we burn our cookies because we were too busy making somethings, we go INSANE. 

3. We actually don't want help. Nothing cringes me more than when someone says, "Did you want help with that." Nope. All bakers want it the way that they picture it in their heads and if someone screws it up, there will be an angry baker on your hands. 

4. Well, maybe with the dishes. I don't hate anything more than the clean up after baking. The dishes just keep piling and piling up in the sink. When my boyfriend offers to do the dishes, he just got a thousand times more attractive. If anyone wants to volunteer with the dishes, feel free to do all of them and then some!

5. We all really, truly LOVE to bake. I have many hobbies, but there is nothing more that I love more than baking. If I am having a bad day, baking a good batch of cookies or a few dozen cupcakes just makes my bad day go away instantly. I feel like this is with every baker. If this doesn't happen to you, then you aren't a true baker. 

If you wanted other tips about baking check out my previous post, Top 7 Key Baking Tips from last week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Different Ways to Revamp Boxed Brownies

Frosting Cupcakes Tips

Reviewing Tequila Sunrise Cupcakes